Time to mark these things off of the "left list!"
removed (our disgusting) silicone mess from around drip caps
installed lifters and cranks
We have had a roll of galvanized steel window screening sitting in our garage for close to two years now. Not long after we purchased it we tried installing the screens. They were pretty frustrating so we soon moved on to some other task. While strolling through the home store recently, a roll of fiberglass screen jumped into our cart when no one was looking. We tried to kick it out shouting "You're not original! Go away!" but the roll didn't listen. Instead, it argued with us "Yes, but you can see through me very well. I'm soft when you brush up against me. I am easy to install." Well, it's been warming up here in Georgia. We started thinking about how lovely it would be to have the windows open on the trailer. We took the fiberglass roll home. All but two of the screens are installed now. The astrodome screen is a little tricky because of the embedded holes for the lifters so we haven't done it yet. Also, our door-within-a-door screen frame is broken and still needs metal screen corners.
Did I mention we finally bit the bullet and purchased a Dewalt variable speed polisher and the Cyclo polisher? Polishing with the atomic-age Cyclo brought fun back to this menial task. (For the first 20 hours, anyway.)
We're not completely finished with the polishing but Brian is ready to take a break. We sealed our seams and plan to tackle some trouble spots later.
center light fixture:
Not long ago, a little package from Victoria, Canada appeared on my doorstep, adorably addressed to "Someday'59." (It was for the trailer, after all.)
It's perfect! I'm thrilled with how well it matches the reproduction fiberglass sconce covers we have in the front of the trailer! For the light fixture, I owe a huge thank-you to Mark and his trailer (who, as far as I know, isn't named yet but is progressing nicely.)
Plumbety, Plumb, Plumb Plumb:
some propane plumbing:
The propane lines under the trailer have been installed. We cut two holes through the bottom of the trailer for propane access to the appliances. After a little fiddling, all of our propane fittings passed the soap test. No leaks! We hooked up the hot water heater (then did a little happy dance. Hooray for hot water!!!)
Brian added the water inlet for the fresh water tank.
[read: Brian made a big scary hole in the front of the trailer while Lynnetta stood by and wrung her hands.] I'm sure glad it turned out OK.
Yes, we moved it. Originally, the water inlet was on the curbside of the battery box. This is where the water inlet had to go in order to accommodate our larger freshwater tank.
more fresh water plumbing:
Speaking of the freshwater tank, we need a water pump to access the water in our tank. So, we installed the water pump and subsequently made a trip to the home store to make the darned thing quieter. (Adding flex tubing on either side of the pump and rubber insulating pads beneath really does help with the sound.)
still more fresh water plumbing news:
Installed the faucet for the bathtub.
exterior door latch: