Sunday, January 31, 2010

The First Good Look


We got the trailer safely moved into my in-laws yard (thanks so much, G&V!), and it was time for a really good once-over.  The kind we wished we could do before we bought it.  Can't imagine what the seller's face would have looked like had I started knocking holes in the floor and peeling back the belly pan in his front yard...

Significant issues that I knew about when we bought it:

  • floor rot in the back
  • bumper and rear of frame nearly rusted off
  • non-functional brakes and split-steel (tire cage, anyone?) rims
  • all of the original brake light wiring bypassed
And when I peeled it open, I found...nothing else major!  What a relief!  It's going to be a lot of (wonderful) work, but not a complete shell-off rebuild.





No comments:

Post a Comment